Thursday, April 24, 2008

I've been knitting



It's been a time of finishing old things and starting new things.
I finished these socks some time ago but haven't shown them to you. They're made out of Tufutsies yarn on the sock machine. This isn't my favorite yarn - you can see the ugly pooling of colors and it was hard to do on the machine. But it should be a comfortable sock to wear in the summer.

I just finished teaching a class at Double Ewe that featured short row
dishcloths. We did the Lacy Round Dishcloth and then I did a Four Corners Dishcloth so that I'd have something to graft together at the last class. They all did so well learning a provisional crochet cast on, short rows and garter stitch grafting! You can see that I can't talk and graft at the same time - there is one wonky place in the graft on the Four Corners Dishcloth. I'm not that much of a perfectionist, after all it is just a dishcloth, so I didn't rip it out for a third time :-)

I started the Hemlock Ring Afghan and I'm already up to row 44. It's all bunched up on my 24" circular and so you really can't see anything yet. I'll take a better picture when I switch to a larger cable. I'm really enjoying this. I sat on the deck on Monday when it was so nice out and knit on it all day. I'm at the point of starting the feather and fan part and Amy tells my that it gets more boring. She has one almost done that she's doing for a mother's day present for Eric's Mom. Better get going Amy!

Tuesday at open knitting night, Kelly asked me to make one of these for a shop sample. It's beaded knitted sheep pin. It's been so much fun and it's turning out just as cute as the picture in the pattern. I have all the knitting done and now comes the finishing. It comes as a kit with everything that you need except four 0 needles and a beading needle and thread. It's not for the easily frustrated, maneuvering those tiny needles and strings of beads all the while knitting with pearl cotton is tricky. But it's doable and got easier with practice. I'm thinking I'll offer a class to make it.

3 comments:

Miss T said...

You've been getting so much done! I can't wait to see your Hemlock Ring. And that sheep is cute.

Anonymous said...

The sheep is so cute! I can't wait to see it in real life. All your other projects are great, too. You've been a very prolific knitter!

MNLacer said...

Were the Tofutsie socks toe up or cuff down? Either way, nice picot, hemmed cuff!

I may have to travel to Circle Pines for the sheep pin kit at Double Ewe....

Knitting on the deck all day?? When do *I* get to retire?

Betty