Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My Dishes Speak to Me

I've been trying hard to maintain my weight and not gain now that I'm not working. It's difficult for me to get a lot of exercise with my knee problems and so I've been worried that I'd be gaining weight.

So, it's an hour and a half before supper and the munchies hit. I was reading someone's blog and they mention popcorn. I went on a mission to find some microwave popcorn but none was to be had unless I crawled into the crawl space where we keep our excess Sam's Club stash. Hmmm, what to do, what to do. Then I hit the jackpot and found a bag of Fritos that I had hidden a while ago (my favorite snack). Usually we don't keep snack type food in the house and I had bought them in a moment of weakness. I reached for a bowl to put some in so that I wouldn't just eat the whole bag and I should have heeded the warning that my dishes gave me.

















But I didn't.

5 comments:

Compadre said...

Yeah, I had seen those Fritos, but luckily (or unluckily) for you, they're not my favorite snack.

I wonder if other people have favorite indulgences that are safe from the rest of the people in their house?

Of course, Fritos aren't the safest thing you could stash away. That would be sardines or olives.

Olive you anyway.

Jeanice said...

Mmmmmmm. Fritos. Yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

Yummmm snack food!

Miss T said...

I love that cute bowl! (You can tell which one of your readers is the dish queen.)

Anonymous said...

Gee thanks...I just sent my son to the store to get me a bag a Frito's (kid you not)! Sounds good all of a sudden.

Compadre - my husband and I definitely have certain snacks hidden from our teenage boys and their friends! Small items go in my piano bench cause they'll never look there, and larger items are hidden under clothes in our bedroom!