Sunday, February 3, 2008

With a Little Help from my Son

Miss T invited me weeks ago to join her Mystery Cookbook Adventure and I have, but you haven't known about it because I didn't know how to get the blog button up on my site. I've spent days - literally - googling to find advice about it and always resisting the advice from any site (and my husband) that I was going to have to do it with html code. Blech! I live with a computer programmer and he tried to advise me but I resisted with all my might. He says that I just don't listen. Today my son came over for dinner and I asked him to help me and together we agreed that we better try it with html. I have no idea what we (he) did - we copied code from another site and inserted stuff that I wanted instead and now it works! It reminds me of my college chemistry courses where you learn the way to answer the question but never actually learn the material. John wrote out a template for me so if I want to add another blog button I can. Woo, hoo! Thanks John!!

About the Mystery Cookbook Adventure. I've shown you all the cookbooks I have. And you know that I like to cook. Well the idea is that you make a new recipe each week from one of your cookbooks. Sounds like a great idea and I'm going to try it out this week. Last week I wrote about one of my invented recipes. Next week I'll try out a new recipe and I'll try to post on Friday how it turned out. I'm going to include in my adventure recipes in my box of clippings too. And I'll let you know if I invent anything new. Good thing I have a husband who likes food and is willing to try out new things.

1 comment:

Miss T said...

Woot! Thanks to your son! I'm so glad you're joining us. :o)