Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Thanks Amy

I'm a lucky Mom. My daughter Amy knit an awesome shawl for me - it took her a year to do it! She told me that she wanted to knit something for me and I suggested a shawl. She thought it was a good idea since she didn't think that she'd ever wear one and she'd been wanting to make one. Heh. I gave her a pattern and yarn and she agreed. I did warn her that it was a hard pattern but she's never been one to back off from a challenge! She reminded me a few days ago on the phone that this was her first lace project!! She also admitted that she had a very hard time parting with it. I can see why, but I'm very glad she did!

So here I present - Sivia Harding's Shetland Garden Faroese Shawl, made by Amy. Wow! And Thanks.

4 comments:

Miss T said...

Wow, beautiful! She did a wonderful job.

Anonymous said...

Wow and thanks indeed! How beautiful!

katmcab said...

You are one lucky Mom. Great job Amy. :-)

indigorose said...

Thank you everyone for your nice comments! :) I guess my memory was a little faulty. After looking through my projects on Ravelry, it seems I started a bunch of lacey projects at the same time (i.e. Pea Pod baby sweater, Hedera, and Hemlock Ring) and so I guess it wasn't technically my first lace project. Since I started them all within a few weeks of each other and this was by far the greatest challenge, I guess my mind just locked onto it as my first lace project.