Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Retirement Blues

It felt really weird to stay home this morning and not go to work. I miss the people that I worked with. I wonder how their holidays went, how they're feeling and I miss the kids. I suppose that it's a common feeling. But still... Do you know that it was order day and I didn't have to put away pallets of food! And I don't have to worry about whether we made enough to feed everybody without having too much! And I don't even know what the menu for today was! I believe I'm going to be able to cope after all.

My daughter and Abigail are doing well. I'm counting the days until I go to help them. This picture really shows how little Abigail is.
And I continue to knit! I've started the Sideways Sockyarn Baby Sweater
I am confident that I can finish it before I leave. Wow I can knit all day every day now. Abigail is going to be the Most Knit for Baby Ever.

Oh, and thank you for all the wonderful comments about my exceptionally cute grandbaby!

2 comments:

Jeanice said...

Congratulations on the lovely little grandaughter. It does seem strange to be retired at first. Keep in touch with your friends from school. I still meet with gals from the high school regularly. Hope to see you Friday.

Jeanice

Miss T said...

Yay for your first day of retirement! I think you'll get used to it in no time. Enjoy your grandaughter!